Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct and Agreement between Parents/Guardians, Spectators and Young Players and Little Scrummers Rugby Ltd.
Little Scrummers Rugby Ltd is committed to ensuring that all young people who attend Little Scrummers Rugby Ltd sessions will have a safe and positive experience. Little Scrummers Rugby Ltd has developed and implemented policies and procedures, which ensure that everyone acknowledges and accepts their responsibilities and understand the duty of care they owe to young players.
This Code of Conduct applies directly and indirectly to all individuals working, playing or supporting players within Little Scrummers Rugby.
Little Scrummers Rugby Ltd upholds the following principles:
- All who partake in training, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, ability or disability have the right to be developed and protected and have the right to do so in a safe, fun and positive environment.
- All adults involved be they volunteers, coaches, parents/guardians, will understand the duty of care that they owe to young people and will be supported by the in their role.
- Staff and Volunteers will receive support through education and training to be aware of and understand best practice and how to manage child welfare issues.
- All suspicions and allegations of any nature will be taken seriously, managed and dealt with swiftly and appropriately.
To effectively achieve the above mentioned principles, the Club and the Participants and each one of them have agreed as follows:
The Club shall provide:
- A safe environment in which the player can learn and develop their tag rugby skill and knowledge without fear of abuse
- High quality training through trained, screened and qualified coaching staff
- An undertaking that at all times the welfare of the player will be given the highest priority
In turn, the Parents/Guardians/spectators, where appropriate shall:
- Encourage the young player to learn the laws of tag rugby and play within them
- Discourage and not partake in unfair play and arguing with anyone watching or playing.
- Not film/photograph other members children without their consent.