Summary of how we ‘Little Scrummers Rugby Ltd’ use your data
Summary of how we ‘Little Scrummers Rugby Ltd’ use your data
- Little Scrummers Rugby Ltd uses your personal data to manage and administer your membership and your involvement with its club, and to keep in contact with you for these purposes.
- No data is shared with anyone outside of the organisation.
- Where rely on your consent, such as for email marketing, you can withdraw this consent at any time.
- Amongst the data we collect from you may be medical (including injury) information. We will hold this where you (as the parent/guardian) have given consent, so that we can ensure we are aware of any condition and can support appropriately.
What does this policy cover?
- This policy describes how Little Scrummers Rugby Ltd (also referred to as “the Club”, “we” or “us”) will make use of the data we handle in relation to our members, including our use of the Parent Registration System (“Portal”) provided by us.
- It also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing which we carry out. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the “What rights do I have?” section.
What information do we collect?
- We collect and process personal data from you as a Parent/Guardian when you book in “Your Child” (as the member is referred too) for a ‘Free Trial’ and when you ‘Enrol’ . This includes:
- your name
- your child’s name
- your child’s date of birth,
- your home address
- your telephone number(s)
- Your email(s) address(es)
- The location and age grade of class your child attends
- your child’s medical conditions and/or any disability, where you provide this to us with your consent to ensure we are aware of any support we may need to provide to you/your child.
We do not receive any information from third parties.
How do we use this information, and what is the legal basis for this use?
- We process this personal data for the following purposes:
- To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: this is relevant where you make a payment for your membership and any merchandise. This includes:
- taking payments;
- communicating with you;
- providing and arranging the delivery or other provision of products, prizes or services;
As required by the Club to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- we will use your information to manage and administer your membership and your involvement, and to keep in contact with you for these purposes;
- we will also use data to maintain records such as weekly registers.
- we may choose to send you promotional materials and offers by post or by phone, or by email where we want to send you offers relating to similar products and services that you have already bought
- we use data of some individuals to invite them to take part in market research;
Where you give us consent:
- we will send you direct marketing or promotional material by email;
- we may handle medical or disability information you provides to us, to ensure we support you appropriately;
- on other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time.
For purposes which are required by law:
- we maintain records such as health and safety records and accounting records in order to meet specific legal requirements;
- we may respond to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
- Withdrawing consent or otherwise objecting to direct marketing
- Wherever we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent, although we may have other legal grounds for processing your data for other purposes, such as those set out above. In some cases, we are able to send you direct marketing without your consent, where we rely on our legitimate interests. You have an absolute right to opt-out of direct marketing, or profiling we carry out for direct marketing, at any time. You can do this by following the instructions in the communication where this is an electronic message, or by contacting us using the details set out below in the “How do I get in touch with you?” section.
Who will we share this data with, where and when?
- Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
What rights do I have?
- You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format.
- In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where we are using the data for direct marketing).
- These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping.
- To exercise any of these rights, you can get in touch with us – using the details set out below. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Much of the information listed above must be provided on a mandatory basis so that we can make the appropriate legal checks and register you as required.
How do you get in touch with Little Scrummers Rugby Ltd?
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how we process your data, or would like to opt out of direct marketing, you can get in touch at email@example.com or by writing to our registered address.
How long will you retain my data?
We process the majority of your data for as long as you are an active member and for 1 year after this.
- Where we process personal data for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process the data for 1 year unless you ask us to stop, when we will only process the data for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We will then delete your data.
- We will retain information held to maintain statutory records in line with appropriate statutory requirements or guidance.